Interesting Finds: click on to the links to find out more.
1) Check out this cool animated SI Caliper.
2) Countdown Numbers Game using pretty interesting Mental Math....
3) Very interesting Arithmetic in Ethiopia
4) In honour of 12-12-12 day: "Numberphile" with base 12. You should check out the other math-related videos too!
5) "Vihart" doodling in Math: Spirals, Fibonacci numbers, and being a plant
6) Snowflakes by "Vihart"
7) What is "Pi"? --explained by tv show "Person of Interest"
8) Two ways to demonstrate the Pythagorean Theorem:
a) Water Demo
b) Origami Proof
9) A Valentine's Math-o-gram: You can send this to your loved ones.
10) Guitar oscillations: an example of periodic functions
11) More "Pi" videos: Pi and the size of the universe ,
Calculating Pi with real pies
12) Order of Operations
13) "I have two children, one of whom is a son born on a Tuesday. What is the probability that I have two boys?" See answer
14) Prime Spirals by Numberphile
15) How do you derive the formula for the surface area of a sphere?
16) How do you derive the formula for the area of a circle?
17) Short video on the Beauty of Mathematics.
18) ViHart video on "How I feel about Logarithms".
19) Pixar: The math behind the movies--Tony DeRose
20) A love poem for lonely prime numbers -- Harry Baker
21) Four dimensional maths: Things to see and hear in the Fourth Dimensional with Matt Parker
22) Arthur Benjamin, aka "The Mathemagician"
23) Calculating pi with a pendulum
24) Can you figure out this missing square puzzle?
25) Why are manhole covers round? - Marc Chamberland
26) Mathematical secrets of Pascal's Triangle
27) New World-Record Largest Prime Ever Found!
28) Calculus Rhapsody...super funny!
29) I will derive ....funny math music
30) The Map of Mathematics
31) The Brachistochrone
32) Geometry of Footballs and the Cube-shaped Ball
33) P vs. NP and the Computational Complexity Zoo
34) Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Bayes' Theorem But Were Afraid To Ask.
35) The Banach–Tarski Paradox